21 January 2023 Assignment: S02E04 - Shades of Grey

Effort

Ok, another project with a man-made object, the infamous cabin.  Nope, not ready for that.  I am still working straight lines, shrubs etc.  So - skipping it.

On the other hand, a limited paint canvas.  Your standard black and white.  Love it.

That being said, the grey is actually a mix of Prussian Blue and Van Dyke Brown.  Doesn't that actually make this a color painting?

This one was fun again.  My sky turned out well, and even though a couple of the mountain face elements are fairly flat - I am really happy with both the paint breaks and the shading.  So I must have been on my day with this one.

My water also turned out nice and I am really happy with the reflections.

The part I am displeased with is the same as always.  My evergreens in the distance look a little like  a picket fence and my fan brush is a bit stiff so ...

Shades of Grey
(c) 21 Jan 2023 Gilbert Blankenship

On the other hand, I think my foreground is much improved so in the end, I not only had a good time but I am pleased with the results.  This is my second limited color - perhaps that is going to end up being my strong suit.

Strangely, if you look in the book - this painting is in color with a blue sky and bluish water.  Hmm.

- Gil 

Sources/Inspirations:

  • Official Bob Ross YouTube or Streaming Channel (check your smart TV software)
  • Amazon Prime
  • DVD 
  • Book

Materials:

Comments