20 November 2022 Assignment: S01E08 - Peaceful Valley

Sources/Inspirations:

Another day another opportunity.  

Peaceful Valley
(c) 20 November 2022 Gilbert Blankenship


Unfortunately another painting for which I cannot recall what was going on.

I like the cloudless sky with the variety of blues - but aside from that I am kind of disappointed here.

This painting had me perplexed from top to bottom.  I just couldn't get the canvas to take the paint.  The mountain is nearly bald, then the mountain lake has some pretty good snow on it but I just could not get the white to stick to the tops the of the ridges.

Trees in the mid ground?  More picket fences - which was a show I liked back in the 90s (OMG seriously?  That show is 31 years old?) but not what I was going for here.

The lake isn't too bad, but could have been a deeper blue and it appears I am back to brick shaped shrubbery. 

At least I think the fog between the two mountains turned out better.

- Gil



Comments